Plantation Fence Company
Fence Installation in Plantation
Aluminum Fence Installation Plantation
Aluminum fences are typically post and rail types of fences that are best used around the front yard, near a body of water, or enclosing a pool. Because of this, aluminum fences are the best Plantation pool fences available. Special considerations when located near a lake or other waterway also make aluminum fence panels required by building code. Our fencing sales representatives can assist you in choosing the best variety of aluminum fence for your project, such as height, picket spacing, and other options that will need to be decided on prior to installing your new aluminum fence.
As a metal, aluminum is a great choice for gates as well. Many of our custom gates are welded out of aluminum, as it provides many advantages such as resilience to Plantation weather.
Vinyl FenceInstallation Plantation
Vinyl or PVC fencing is a type of plastic fencing that is widely used throughout Plantation. Vinyl fences come in a variety of styles including vinyl privacy fence, PVC picket fencing, vinyl semi privacy fencing, vinyl shadowbox fencing, & many more. These PVC fencing materials are available in basic colors such as white and tan but may also be available in other colors upon request.
PVC welded gates are also available in widths up to 6’ and heights up to 6’ for residential fencing installation project in Plantation.
Wood FenceInstallation Plantation
Wooden fences are available in cost efficient varieties and also more high-end varieties, such as denser or more exotic woods, stains, and painted options. When you desire privacy for your Plantation residential property, there are only a few options, with wood fencing as one of the primary choices.
Many style and gate options are available such as wood gates with steel frames, horizontal wood fences, exotic hardwood fence, board on board, shadowbox, and many more.
100's of Satisfied Plantation Fencing Clients
What to Expect with Your Plantation Fence Installation Project
XL Fencing is a fully licensed and insured Plantation fencing contractor with years of experience installing fences in Plantation, FL.
We handle every aspect of the Plantation fencing installation process including old fence tear-down, fence & gate permitting, city paperwork filing, engineering documents, every type of fence installation, and permit inspection preperation and closeout.
Watch our explainer video here and then contact us to get started today.
Plantation Fence Installation & Gate Installation
Guide to Fence Permitting in Plantation Florida
As with any city in South Florida, you absolutely must obtain a permit prior to installing your fence. As a fully licensed and insured Broward County fence company, XL Fencing can obtain permits on your behalf and save you the time and frustration of having to do so yourself.
* In addition to the summarized process below, a full list of Plantation’s fence building codes can be found here: Plantation Fence Building Code
Landscaping for fences installed in Plantation
Plantation, Florida requires the following for fence landscaping:
“The City of Plantation requires landscape material to be planted along the portion the fence or wall which is within one foot/parallel to a right-of-way, sidewalk, or bikeway, pursuant to Section 27.637(8)(b) of the Code of Ordinances and such fences and walls are to be set back 5’ from property line (exception: chain link fence). *See the Landscape Options for Fence Setbacks for acceptable landscape options.”
You must also mark your survey as below
Plantation Fence Material Requirements
Plantation wood fence requirements:
- Wood fences shall be constructed of decay and termite-resistant material as specified in
FBC Section 2328.
- Wood fences shall be designed according to the loads as specified in FBC Section 2328
- EXCEPTION: Unless designed by rational analysis, wood fences not exceeding 6’ in
height may be constructed to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Vertical post of P.T. 4”x 4” spaced.
- Post shall be embedded 2’0” into a concrete footing 10” in diameter.
- Horizontal framing shall consist of a minimum of 3 horizontal rails of 2” x 4” P.T. material and shall be fastened with 2 16D nails at each post.
- All lumber shall be a minimum of #2 grade or better.
- All fasteners shall be corrosion resistant.
Plantation chain link fence requirements:
- Fabric – 12 ½ Gauge minimum.
- Tension Bands – Use one less than the height of the fence in feet, evenly spaced.
- Fabric Ties – Must be the same gauge as the gauge of the fabric, minimum.
- Fabric Tie Spacing on the Top Rail – Five ties between posts, evenly spaced.
- Fabric Tie Spacing on Line Posts – One less than the height of the fence in feet, evenly spaced.
- Either Top Rail or Top Tension Wire shall be used.
- Braces must be used at Terminal Posts if top tension wire is used instead of Top Rail.
- Post Spacing – 10’ o.c. Maximum.
- Posts shall embed to within 6” of the bottom of the foundation.
- In order to follow the contour of the land, the bottom of the fence may clear the contour of the
ground by up to 5” without increasing Table values to the next higher limit.
What is the process of obtaining a Parkland fence permit?
- Completed Broward County Uniform Permit Application
- Submit (3) copies of your property survey marked with the details of your proposed fence and gate installation
- Submit (3) copies of engineering documents for the fence material that is being installed
- If you are in an HOA area, you must obtain approval via an HOA approval letter
- Should your fence be located on a corner or facing a roadway, you will be required to install landscaping (as detailed above)
- If your fence project cost is greater than $2500.00, you must obtain a Notice of Commencement approval letter prior to submittal of your permit application
- As with any fence installation in South Florida, the good side, or finished side, of your fence must face your neighbors property
Fence permits for pools on Plantation properties
In addition to the general requirements above, pool fence permits have a few extra requirements:
- Minimum height requirement to enclose a pool is 4 feet.
- Safety Barrier Required – City Ordinance # Section 5-129
- Must meet requirements and provide signed affidavit by the contractor and homeowner for the residential swimming pool, spa and hot tub safety act – Florida Statutes Chapter 515.
Safeguard what you love, with XL Fencing Plantation's premier licensed & insured fence & gate company.
Buy quality fence products installed by trained professionals at competitive pricing in Plantation.
XL Fencing< is the right Plantation fence company to hire for your fence, gate, custom aluminum, or access control installation project. There are a lot of South Florida fencing contractors vying for your business; some of them may offer lower prices or quicker work by cutting corners, but making the wrong choice of who to hire can result in a significant waste of precious time and money. Save yourself the headache of a poorly run Plantation fence installation project, and contact us today to learn why we are 100% confident that we are the right fence company for you, your family, and your property.
With years of experience installing fences in Plantation, our sales, office, and installation staff is second to none in regard to professionalism, integrity, and follow-through. We are proud to call ourselves, "a different kind of Plantation fence company," because we are trustworthy, capable, and dedicated to a level of customer service that is often not experienced in the fencing industry.
Hiring XL Fencing for your Plantation fence or gate installation job guarantees total certainty of a positive outcome - trust us with helping you safeguard what you love; contact us today to learn more or to get started by scheduling a free estimate with an expert salesperson.
Superior fencing products installed for residential and commercial Plantation fencing clients
Fence & gate materials used in all of our aluminum, chain link, wood, and vinyl fence installations are sourced from local South Florida fence wholesalers, manufacturers, and distributors. Quality levels in all the fence parts, posts, pickets, rails, hardware, and accessories are premium grade and are made to meet strict Plantation fence permit requirements and Plantation fence building & zoning code restrictions.
When you purchase a fence from XL Fencing in Plantation, you're getting the best products and services that money can buy.